Surgical Technician Schools in SacramentoSurgical technologists or technicians are the medical professionals who use their knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation to assist licensed surgeons during surgeries and other medical procedures. Learn how you can work as surgical tech in Sacramento.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Sacramento
If working as a surgery technologist interests you, you must first complete an accredited training program on surgical technology. These programs, which offer certificates and degrees, can be found at community colleges, technical colleges and in some hospitals. The program requires students to pass certain medical classes and also spend a specific number of hours in a supervised internship in an operating room.
To be sure to meet state requirements, students should look for surgery technology programs that are listed as being ABHES- accredited or CAAHEP-accredited because those are the two most commonly approved and recognized programs.
How to Get Certified in Sacramento
Although you’re not required to be certified to work in Sacramento, the State of California does require that you complete an approved training program and be nationally certified if you want to use the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) credential, which is preferred by most employers. To obtain this certification, you must pass an examination through a certification agency such as the NBSTSA or the NCCT.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Sacramento
Surgery technicians working in Sacramento earn wages that are above the national average, according to Salary.com. As of an October 2014 report, techs in Sacramento earned an average yearly salary of $45,200. From lowest to highest, the wages ranged from $36,794 to $54,707. Factors that can affect wages include certifications obtained, experience,level of training and place of employment.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Sacramento
|Carrington College California-Citrus Heights - Citrus Heights, CA||7301 Greenback Lane, Ste. A|
Citrus Heights , CA - 95621
|Las Positas College - Livermore, CA||3000 Campus Hill Drive|
Livermore , CA - 94551
|Mt Diablo Adult Education - Concord, CA||1266 San Carlos Avenue|
Concord , CA - 94518-
|Skyline College - San Bruno, CA||3300 College Drive |
San Bruno , CA - 94066-