The State of Utah is a leader in providing patients with high-quality medical centers. Due to their facilities, there has been an increase in the need for surgical technicians. To gain employment as a surgical technician, it is necessary to complete an accredited surgical technology program. In the State of Utah, there are dozens of viable options throughout the state. The most common are community colleges, technical colleges.
How To Get Certified In Utah
To attain certification in the State of Utah, you must complete a certification program and become certified by one of the two certification institutions - the National Center for Competency Testing or National Board of Surgical Technology. These institutions issue you our license once you complete a certification program. The certification programs in Utah can range from a simple course certificate to a more advanced associates degree that is attained from either a community college or a University. These advanced programs each span two years.
After completing your program in the State of Utah, you are required to take the certification exam that is issued by one of the state's two certification institutions. Because the courses that you take are meant to prepare you for the exam, it is best to undergo the associate's degree. In addition to preparing you for the exam, an associate's degree in the area will prepare you better for the career, it'll aid when searching for employment, and it can even work to increase your salary.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Utah
As stated above, Utah is one of the leading states in medical facilities, which means that surgical technicians are in demand. According to statistics, a surgical technician in the State of Utah can expect to earn $34,000 per year. This is a basic starting salary, and with the right education, credentials, and experience, it isn't difficult to gain raises.
The State of Utah's surgical technology programs are known to be challenging and advanced due to the need of passing a certification exam. Completing these programs and attaining your certification can provide you with the opportunity for a great and successful career.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Surgical Technologist (AOS)
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Technician
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Utah
|Ameritech College - Provo, UT||2035 North 550 W |
Provo , UT - 84604
|Davis Applied Technology College - Kaysville, UT||550 East 300 South |
Kaysville , UT - 84037
|Dixie State University - St. George, UT||225 South 700 East|
St. George , UT - 84770
|Everest College-West Valley City - West Valley City, UT||3280 West 3500 South|
West Valley City , UT - 84119
|Salt Lake Community College - Salt Lake City, UT||9301 s. Wights Fort Road|
West Jordan , UT - 84088
|Stevens Henager College-Ogden - Ogden, UT||1890 South 1350 W|
Ogden , UT - 84401