Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WashingtonLicensed surgical technicians must attend an accredited program, so it's important that you choose a school that is recognized by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). You can search accredited programs by state on their website, accessible at http://www.caahep.org/find-an-accredited-program/.
How To Get Certified In WashingtonSurgical technicians in Washington state must be licensed through the state's Department of Health. In order to be eligible for licensure, you must first complete an accredited surgical technician program and pass the national board exam given by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). In the state of Washington, applicants for a surgical tech license must also complete seven additional hours of training on HIV/AIDS transmission. Learn more about applying for a license on the state's website at http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/SurgicalTechnologist/
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WashingtonAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, surgical technicians nationwide earn an average salary of $44,420 annually, or $21.36 per hour. Salaries for surgical techs in the state of Washington are significantly higher, ranging between approximately $47,400 and $57,790 per year. While salary varies by years of experience, in general, technologists who work in home health tend to make the highest salaries.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- Master of Health Informatics
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Washington
|Bellingham Technical College - Bellingham, WA||3028 Lindbergh Avenue |
Bellingham , WA - 98225-1599
|Clover Park Technical College - Lakewood, WA||4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW |
Lakewood , WA - 98499
|Columbia Basin College - Pasco, WA||2600 North 20th Avenue |
Pasco , WA - 99301
|Renton Technical College - Renton, WA||3000 Northeast 4th Street |
Renton , WA - 98056-4195
|Seattle Central Community College - Seattle, WA||1701 Broadway |
Allied Health Division
Seattle , WA - 98122
|Spokane Community College - Spokane, WA||1810 North Greene Street |
Spokane , WA - 99217-5399
|Yakima Valley Community College - Yakima, WA||16th Avenue and Nobhill Boulevard|
Yakima , WA - 98902